Monday, January 27, 2014

Can I not just be a citizen of the world?

I do not understand why the UK has to be so stingy about South Africans visiting their country. I mean all I want is to intern there for a few months but I can't because I am not a part of whatever elite countries are allowed that privilege. Like, what are they afraid of? It's not like I plan to rock up there with a South African flag, stick it in the ground and claim the land as my own.

Come on England, help a sister out. Although I do also blame the South African government for not sorting itself out. They are not a part of all these agreements and things which would let me travel the world as I wish. And I know independence is great, but if we were still under British rule, this would not be a problem.


A part of me now plans to be an illegal immigrant, and swim from the top of Africa to the UK and somehow create a fake British identity for myself. I will then speak with a fake British accent for the duration of my stay or claim that I am the daughter of some famous African prince (it should work, right?)


So that's me, ranting about the world and its problems, and it honestly didn't help much.


That's all, Bye! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment