Wednesday, January 22, 2014

My fear of Snails

So, people who know me very well are aware that I have and extremely irrational (I don't think it's irrational but everyone else does) fear of snails. And by fear I don't mean that I get slightly creeped out, I mean that I scream, cry, run and sometimes die a little. I really try to act normal and not freak out when I come across a random snail, but I really can't keep calm. It's like every little cell in my brain is thinking: "Get the hell out of here before this seemingly harmless and slow moving creature unleashes it's true harmfulness, speed and strength and kills you" (yes, I honestly believe that snails just put on an act and that when no one is looking they become these completely menacing creatures.)

I guess it all started when we lived in the south coast of Kwa-Zulu Natal a few years ago. 



A map that shows Kwa-Zulu Natal if you are not from South Africa, or if you need a reference. 


We only lived there for about three months, but it was more than enough time for me to realize that I had a massive fear of snails. The thing about the South Coast, is that it is always humid which means that it always rains, which means that it is always moist and therefore there are always snails. And when I say always, I mean always, like they are everywhere almost all  the time (especially at night) they just roam around all over the place and it is literally the scariest thing on earth.


So, now you know why I am afraid of snails. To be honest, if I could not be afraid of snails, I would take that option and be chummies with those terrifying mollusks but I am afraid, so I will (for the rest of my life) avoid any place in the world that has even a slight snail problem.


That's all, Bye! :)



P.S One of the things on my bucket list is to eat escargot and I have a fear that it will not turn out well, and I have a feeling that it will only worsen my fear of snails.

No comments:

Post a Comment