Monday, January 20, 2014

Johannesburg is actually quite beautiful

I have always known that Johannesburg is an amazing city, but I was never really sure about its beauty. Today we were working on a promotional shoot for a TV show and our location had an amazing view of the Johannesburg skyline.  I find it intriguing that a city which is considered harsh and unforgiving could be so beautiful.

It reminds me of when I watch international TV shows and they always have a view of the skylines in the big cities and one can immediately tell where it was shot. In Johannesburg the distinguishable Johannesburg tower serves the similar purpose in identifying the city as the empire state building in New York, The Eiffel Tower in Paris, the London Bridge in London or that really really tall building in Dubai.

This is not my picture by the way (http://castletv.net/wp-content/forumuploads/jssa/2012/12/jhb-skyline-1.png)


This is the one I took, it's not that great because I din't have a great camera with me but you get the point.


I wish more people were appreciative of my home city and that they didn't just see it as a crime ridden- money making machine (which it is, but there is so much that people don't see.)

That's all, Bye :) 



No comments:

Post a Comment