Monday, November 3, 2014

Photo & Film Expo 2014

Today's post, ironically, will be lacking in pictures because only I could go to a Film and Photo expo and not take a million pictures of things. But I do have a few and I will have to sort them out later because I am having various technical difficulties, ok, only one technical difficulty and that is that my laptop is acting up and the only way that I can get images from my phone to anywhere is by using Zune which is on my laptop. Anyway, you’ll just have to use your imagination. You’ve go one of those, right?

Basically, for the past few days (starting on Thursday and ending on Sunday) I was at a photo expo in Johannesburg learning things about cameras and photography and even a little bit about videography and film.

It was an amazing experience and I learnt most about editing and ensuring that you’re editing looks realistic and pleasing. So soon, once I get back into the swing of things, I can translate these skills into the videos I make and hopefully have better quality content.

The expo happens every year at round about the same time and it is a great place to get great deals on cameras and all those things but it’s also a great place to learn things- useful things. This is the first expo that I have been to and I think that I may go again, and it may even become a tradition. It has also inspired me to dabble in photography and see what I can do, mostly for fun though. 

As a result of the expo I have taken up basic Photoshop and in the near future I will invest in the whole Adobe package, okay, maybe distant future because it is hella expensive and a girl’s gotta live.


That’s all, Bye. 

No comments:

Post a Comment