Saturday, September 6, 2014

ALS Ice Bucket challenge

I did it, after much deliberation I decided that it was well worth pouring a bucket of ice cold water over my head despite all the criticisms that the fad has been getting. I was lucky in that the person that nominated me asked if I wanted to do it first, so I had some time to really think about it and decide if I was willing to take part. A part of me was temped to stand in the side lines and continue being the person who judges such internet trends but I think that sometimes, taking part in what everyone else is doing is not so bad, but only sometimes.

I did some research and I came to the conclusion that despite whatever claims were being made about the money not going to the correct places or whatever other accusations people were making, I decided that it was worth it because of the awareness that was being spread. Had the challenge not become a trend, I would not have known as much as I do now about ALS and I would never have been compelled to play a part in spreading awareness, to however small an audience.

So here is my challenge. It was oddly refreshing despite my body almost shutting down because of the cold. But I survived. :)



That's all, Bye! :)x

No comments:

Post a Comment