Sunday, May 11, 2014

Craving to be cultured: National Portrait Gallery

So as you may guess by the title, I've recently (today, a couple of hours ago)  done some more cultured things that I would like to share. Because I am in London, I have access to all these amazing galleries and museums and the best part is that most of them are free (I am not going to lie I am quite a bit (very) stingy when it comes to spending money on stuff.)

Here are some pics, because "pics or it didn't happen," right?






I went to the National Portrait Gallery with some family friends and it was really amazing, especially because it puts into context just how much history England really has. The Gallery has all these portraits of historical figures from early times, to the present and that means basically anyone who is anyone, has a portrait in this gallery. It was an interesting history lesson for me although some of the time I was kind of thinking how many dukes and, knights, and kings, and queens, and count/esses and Earls can one country possibly have.
There was also a very modern section which showed some portraits of famous people, with some sort of influence in british culture, one of them was Nelson Mandela (Go South Africa).
Overall it was an amazing experience, and I can say that my journey to being cultured doesn’t have too far to go…. Well, you can never be too cultured I guess.


That’s all, Bye! :) x

No comments:

Post a Comment