Monday, June 16, 2014

Youth Day

I realise that I have been neglecting my duties of blog writing for a bit but I will make it up by writing about some of the cool stuff that I have been doing. But today's post is specially dedicated to youth day because it is youth day. Essentially it is a day that is celebrated in South Africa to commemorate the part that was played by the youth to end the apartheid regime and the educational system that came with it.

This day is significant not only because of our history but because of our future, because the future of the country is in our hands (I say our because I am a youth too.)

The country is also celebrating 20 years of freedom so it is all the more amazing. I think that milestones like these are what will help us as South Africans to realise just how far we have come, but also that we still have extremely far to go before the country has reached its full potential. I realise that this all sounds super cliched but it is honestly the truth and sometimes we forget these cliched things so I am just reminding us.

I uploaded a video onto my channel about youth day, it doesn't really go into much detail it was just a fun way for me to speak about my fears of the youth of today, but also the potential that we have. Click here to see my video and I hope you like it. :)

That's all, Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment