Monday, June 23, 2014

The romantic in me

There are very few things that bring out the romantic in me and although I try hard to deny it, there is a deep rooted part of me that cannot help but be romantic. I don't mean romantic in the sappy sense, I mean it in the sense that pertains the artistic era.To a certain extent I believe in revolt against the system, the plight of human condition and other such causes related to the romanticism of human kind.

I have compiled a list of various things that bring out this romantic side that I often try to subside. Although increasingly I find that I subside it a lot less and I am actually beginning to publicly admit my love for romance and slowly denouncing my affiliation to modernist ideals (one could be a bit of both though, right?)

So here it is, a list of literature and films that bring out the romantic in me:


  1. Casablanca
  2. Frankenstein (In a weirdly gothic way)
  3. The Picture of Dorian Dray (In a weirdly gothic way)
  4. It Happened One Night
  5. Jane Eyre
  6. A tale of Two Cities (Which I have just finished reading)
  7. The Great Gatsby (although it is modernist, it still gives me the Romance feels)
  8. The Reader
  9. Schindler's list
  10. The Breakfast Club
I am sure that I will continue to discover many more but these are just a few that pop into mind.

That's all, Bye! :) x

No comments:

Post a Comment